Wilhelm Ott A German Boxer converted to Islam

By Muslim Mirror Web Desk
An Austrian professional Mixed Martial Arts fighter has  converted to Islam after studying the religion more comprehensively during his time quarantine period.
Wilhelm Ott released a video online on Thursday in which he recites the proclamation of Islam, or the “Shahada”, which officially signifies the start of his journey as a Muslim.



“This is my religion, I am a proud Muslim now,” he says in the video.
According to him ‘Islam has been on his mind for many years, but there were times when he “could do nothing with it.”
“I let myself be influenced politically. But when I had hard times, the Islamic faith gave me the necessary strength,” he said.
In another post, Ott expressed gratitude for the positive reactions he received from his fans and the Islamic community.
“It wasn’t my intention that it would be that big. I actually posted it because people around me and friends know it,” he said.
Ott also shared a picture showing him with the Holy Quran that was reportedly gifted to him by fellow Muslim MMA boxer Burak Kizilirmak.
Ott, nicknamed “the amazing,” was born in 1982. He ranked 74th of 615 active EU Wester Pro Welterweights, according to MMA resource Tapology.

http://muslimmirror.com/eng/austrian-boxer-converts-to-islam-after-studying-religion-in-quarantine-period/

Comments

Popular Posts